Those of you who have followed our journey may have noticed that we’ve been a little quiet on social media lately, but behind the scenes it’s been anything but. We’ve had some great people join the team and been fortunate enough to be offered venture capital. We feel very lucky to have received a lot of great feedback from you early adopters, so huge thanks to everyone who’s taken part. Most importantly, we’ve been heads down streamlining the Dropdeck experience, and working on the next set of features we think will be the game changers for our product.
With Dropdeck, we want to make it easy for anyone to create great-looking, engaging presentations — no design skills required. All aimed at supercharging the way people communicate information and focussing the discussion that happens around it.
If you’ve tried Dropdeck in the past (it’s all open, just type 'drop.new' into your browser) you might notice a ton of changes.
- Autocomplete for slides. Dropdeck will automatically suggest design alternatives with additional content (like imagery), as you type, based on what you’ve written.
- Inspiration. Some of you mentioned that you’d like a bit of inspiration or knowing what’s possible with Dropdeck. So we now offer some blueprints or templates for different types of slides to get you on your way.
- Smarter Designs. We now offer some smart designs for repeating elements. Think for example a team slide. Adding a team member is now just a single click and filling in the blanks. Automatically laid out, no need to manually realign things pixel by pixel.
- Edit by Drag and Drop. Slide previews are now fully interactive and an integral part of the editing experience. Drag and drop images to reposition them on your slides, or even drop in new images to automatically create new slides or compose a visual arc.
- Engagement statistics. When people view your presentation we’re capturing metrics on engagement, how much time they spend on slides and where or if they drop out. This is something we're going to help you leverage to create more resonant decks.
Dropdeck is very different to presentation software you may have used in the past.Rather than present you with an empty slide, a blank canvas and a vast palette of tools to add things like text, bullets and images; you just start typing. It's as simple as that. Dropdeck will automatically design your slides, suggest content, and allow you to focus on crafting your message rather than first thinking about what it should look like.
We also think differently about templates. Most other tools make you browse through templates and then leave you to battle to adapt your content to fit them. Dropdeck turns this on its head and automatically matches your content with pixel perfect templates that best show it off — automatically designing your slides as you type.
So that's what we've been up to. If you’re as passionate about design and communication as we are, we'd love your feedback. Head over to dropdeck.com for more information about what we’re trying to achieve.
There is lots more to come.